Joh 16:23,24 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
Always prayer is asking the Father in the Name of Jesus. Jesus is our guarantee before the Father. And Jesus cannot guarantee the answer to a prayer which is not in line with God’s will. His will is His Word. For us to ask according to His will, we should first let the Words of God (atleast 2 to 3 scriptures) which promises the answer we need, to abide in our heart (John 15:7,8). You do this by meditating and speaking the Word to yourselves for a while. So that faith will rise in your heart(Romans 5:17). And then you go in prayer and ask according to the Word that is in your heart.
Mar 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
And when you pray you have to believe this : “that you have received the petition that you have asked”. You say “ I believe, I received them”. You have to count that it is received. And then onwards you have to think, believe, talk, act and give thanks like you have received the answer to your prayer.(Also you don’t pray about that request again & again – that would be unbelief). And the bible says “And you shall have them”. Answered prayer brings glory to God !
What we have mentioned here is the Prayer of Faith. There are different kinds of prayer in the bible : Prayer of faith(Mark 11:24), Prayer of agreement(Mathew 18:19), Prayer of consecration (Luke22:42), Prayer of commitment(Philippians 4:6), Corporate prayer(Acts 4:24), Praying with tongues (1 Corinthians 14:14,15), etc.
(Read these scriptures, Meditate on them and confess these every day)
I believe & therefore I speak
- Mat 8:16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:
Mat 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.
Confession: It is fulfilled in my life which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet that Jesus Himself took my infirmities and bore my sicknesses. He took it and therefore I don’t have it. I have health & wholeness.
- 1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
Confession: Jesus bore my sins & my sicknesses on His own body on the tree, that I having died to sins & sicknesses, lives unto righteousness & health. By His stripes Iam healed. Ha Ha Ha !
- Pro 4:20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
Pro 4:21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
Pro 4:22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health(also means medicine) to all their flesh.
Confession: These Words are medicine to my flesh !
- Psa 107:20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
- Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
- Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Confession: The Words of God in me are spirit and they are life. The Word is quickening my body to life right now. And I declare that the healing Power of God from His Word is affecting my entire organs, tissues, blood vessels and every cell in my body from the tip of my hair to the bottom of my toe.
Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Confession: The Spirit of my Father who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in me. Now, He that raised up Christ from the dead is quickening my mortal body from the tip of my hair to the bottom of my toe, to life by His Spirit who dwells in me.
These Words are affecting me right now.
Thank You, O’Lord that by Your stripes Iam healed. Your Word and Your Spirit are working in me – is quickening my body to life.
When Jesus came into the world, He brought in a New Kind of Love. This is not the natural human love (which is selfish), but it is “Un-conditional love” (AGAPE).
God loves us unconditionally. And He demonstrated it by sending Jesus to die on the cross for us (Roman 5:8). And whoever is born of God has the same Love of God poured into their heart by the Holy Spirit who is given to them(Rom 5:8). This Love is not in our heads, but in our hearts. Means it has to be brought out from the heart by words and actions. So just as God loves us, we can now love another the same way.
Joh 13:34,35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
Jesus commanded us to walk in love towards one another (Mathew 22:37-40). And bible says that faith works by love. So we should constantly be checking our love walk and grow in this area by constantly feeding our spirits with the scriptures that talk about love (Agape).
Below are mentioned a few Scriptures which you can use to start with.
- 1 Corinthians 13/4-8 (Amp) – Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy; is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.
Love is not conceited- arrogant and inflated with pride, it is not rude (unmannerly), and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God’s love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self seeking, it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it- pays no attention to a suffered wrong.
Love does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.
Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances and it endures everything without weakening.
Love never fails becomes obsolete or comes to an end.
- Rom 13:8-10
- Mathew 5:43-48
- Eph 5:1,2
Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Faith is NOW !
Hope is in the future.
Faith brings it to the present tense.
Faith begins when the will of God is known.
Therefore, get two or three verses of scripture concerning your situation to know god’s will regarding it.
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Meditate (mutter to yourself) the verses you got, so that faith will come to you.
Once, you are convinced beyond a shadow of doubt in your heart (even though your mind may fight it), know that God said it, “I believe it and that settles it”.
Finally pray Mark 11:24,25
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
Believe you have received it, even before seeing it and continue to give Him glory for it till it manifests.
Rom 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
Strong faith does not stagger with unbelief at the promises of God but rather gives God the glory for it!
Righteousness is “right standing before God”- the ability to stand before God without any sense of guilt or inferiority . Righteousness gives us the boldness to fellowship and receive anything from God. Jesus paid for our righteousness.
2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
When we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour, we are born as the “Righteousness of God”- just as how God is righteous, we have now become His Righteousness. This Righteousness is not based on our works (or anything that we didn’t do), it’s a gift from God (Romans 5:17). We are made the righteousness of God because of what Jesus has done for us and us believing that (Romans 3: 21-24). We must be conscious of our Righteousness in Christ Jesus instead of guilt or sin consciousness. So say “ IAM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS”. Keep saying that till you know that you are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
When we act like the righteousness of God, then the fruits of righteousness begin to be seen in our lives (Phil 1:11, 2Cor 9:10). And we can grow in this and be filled with these fruits.
What to do when you make a mistake ?
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
When you walk out of God’s Word, all you need to do is repent (Means change that thinking), and confess your fault to God. And the bible says that God will forgive you and cleanse (Isaiah 43:25,26, Hebrews 9:14) you from all unrighteousness. The Blood of Jesus blots-out our sins- means we are not only forgiven, but even that sin doesn’t exist. So when all unrighteousness is gone, what remains is Righteousness.
There might be feelings of guilt, but you need to speak to it and see yourselves as the Righteousness of God.
Marriage is God’s will for us. We can see that in the book of Genesis that He has established Marriage and the Law of Marriage at the time of creation. And God wants heaven on earth in our marriages (Deut 11;21).
Reference: Gen 2:21-25
And when God formed Adam and breathed into him the breath of life, the Adam & Eve part were together inside the man (Gen 1:27,28). And here in Genesis 2, we can see how God took that part out from Adam along with his rib built piece by piece into a woman. And Adam recognizes and knows her (Genesis 4:1) in the spirit first. Not the flesh first and then try to know in the spirit.As we wait on God for our partner, we should prepare ourselves to know in our spirit if this is the person God has for our life. God leads us in our spirit not by the natural (so we cannot put fleeces in the New Testament). So for us to be led by God, we should first let the Holy Spirit guide us in the truth(Word of God). When we follow His leading in the Word of God, we will recognize the Peace and the Joy by which He leads us (Isaiah 55:10-12). And as we get used in His leading in the Truth, we can also be lead in the other areas of our lives, where it is not written in the bible (like whom to marry, which job to take, etc.).
So we should first keep our minds on the Word first. So here are some scriptures that we can meditate on as we prepare ourselves for marriage. We have to think separately from the way we have been brought up, apart from our parents influence, our country, the traditions of men; and make clarity decisions before God, based upon His Word and His Spirit.
Gen 2:24 – We can see here “The Law of Marriage”, which we have to keep once we are married. We have to leave somethings (physically, emotionally, mentally) and cleave to our partner.
2Co 6:14 –From this scripture we can see that it is not God’s will for us to be married to a person who is not Born-again(New Creature).
Genesis 24 – and see how angels are involved in bringing the wife for Isaac. So we also can expect the angels in bringing our partner.
You can also refer : Pro 12:4 Pro 18:22 Pro 19:14 Pro 21:9 ,Prov 5:18, Prov 31:10-31, Eccl 9:9
- Psa 127:3-5 Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one’s youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them; They shall not be ashamed, But shall speak with their enemies in the gate.
- Act 16:31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
- Psa 72:4 He will bring justice to the poor of the people; He will save the children of the needy, And will break in pieces the oppressor.
- Psa 103:17 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting On those who fear Him, And His righteousness to children’s children,
- Psa 102:28 The children of Your servants will continue, And their descendants will be established before You.”
- Psa 90:16 Let Your work appear to Your servants, And Your glory to their children.
- Isa 49:25 But thus says the LORD: “Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, And the prey of the terrible be delivered; For I will contend with him who contends with you, And I will save your children.
Isa 49:26 I will feed those who oppress you with their own flesh, And they shall be drunk with their own blood as with sweet wine. All flesh shall know That I, the LORD, am your Savior, And your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.”
- Isa 54:13 All your children shall be taught by the LORD, And great shall be the peace of your children.
Isa 54:14 In righteousness you shall be established; You shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear; And from terror, for it shall not come near you.
- Isa 54:17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the LORD.
- Isa 60:4 “Lift up your eyes all around, and see: They all gather together, they come to you; Your sons shall come from afar, And your daughters shall be nursed at your side. (your children receiving the nourishment of God’s Word)
- Job 5:24 You shall know that your tent is in peace; You shall visit your dwelling and find nothing amiss.
Job 5:25 You shall also know that your descendants shall be many, And your offspring like the grass of the earth.
- Deu 28:32 Thy sons and thy daughters shall be given unto another people, and thine eyes shall look, and fail with longing for them all the day long: and there shall be no might in thine hand.
Deu 28:41 Thou shalt beget sons and daughters, but thou shalt not enjoy them; for they shall go into captivity.
These verses in Deuteronomy 28, lists the things as a result of the curse of the law. But Galatians 3:13& 14, declares that we are redeemed from this curse & now the blessing is on us. So we need to resist the curse (Rebuke=say NO to it) & speak the blessing(these promises concerning children).
- Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Reference: Malachi 3:8-
- Tithe -means a one tenth of all you have received
- Your tithe belongs to the Lord and is holy (Lev 27:30-34)
- Tithing is different from offerings – The one tenth is called as ‘tithes’ & anything apart from tithes, which you give is called as offerings.
- In Vs10, the Word tells us to bring ‘All the tithes’ – From this we can understand that, He wants us to send ‘All of our tithes’ to His house & not to divide it.
- Vs10 Also talks about bringing all the tithes into the store house, so that there may be food in MY HOUSE – In the New Testament you bring your tithes to the House of God, which is your Local Church, the Ground and Pillar of truth (1Tim 3:15).
- Vs 10-12 states the benefits of tithing
- Vs 13,14- Talks about keeping a watch over our mouth after we’ve tithed. So continue to stay in faith.
- Tithe in the New testament !
Hebrews 7:8 -Here mortal men receive tithes, but there He receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives. (Read the chapter Heb 7)
- As we offer our tithes here, in heaven Jesus receives the Tithes from us.
- Jesus has become our High Priest and He is mentioned as One who came in the line of Melchizedek, to whom Abraham(the believer ) gave tithes to.
- We must realise that tithes & the benefits of tithing are active in the New Testament.
- And tithing was there before the law, during the law and after the law – in the New Covenant.
- In the New Testament, we are redeemed from the curse, so there’s no curse, if we don’t tithe. But if we are not tithing, the benefits of tithing won’t be available to us.